Data usage of Kodiaq

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Shocks

Re: Data usage of Kodiaq

Post by Shocks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:39 pm

H2UBS wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 am
Bought the 12gb 3 sim and loaded when the car was new in September. All has been working seamlessly with wife and my phones picking up the car's wifi hotspot when we're out and about. Just six months later the sim has stopped connecting and it seems we've used the full 12gb allowance.
This seems odd as I don't do much downloading other than emails, WhatsApps etc. Previously when using my phones data allowance in the car I was only using about 100mb a month. Has the infotainment system drained all this data ? Anyone else on the 3 sim had a similar experience?
Can updates be limited to wifi only ?
Ordered 27.01.2018. :lol: SE L 1.4 TSI petrol 2WD DSG Black Magic with Sirius wheels (aka Sirius Black - Harry Potter :roll: ), LED Pack, ACC, Paint protection. :lol:

H2UBS

Re: Data usage of Kodiaq

Post by H2UBS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:55 am

H2UBS wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 am
Bought the 12gb 3 sim and loaded when the car was new in September. Just six months later the sim has stopped connecting and it seems we've used the full 12gb allowance. Has the infotainment system drained all this data ?
OK .. it was just me ! After having a play with the sim in another phone and tweaking the business telephone settings, WLAN and wifi hotspot up and running again. The sim card has used just 2.2gb of it's allowance, so plenty left for the remaining 6 months. The only complaint I have with 3 is the rather hit & miss signal coverage.
2.0 tdi SE L 4x4 190 DSG, 5 Seats, Business Grey, dark Alcantara, Triglavs, tow bar. Delivered 15th Sept.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”