Shuffle across all SD card?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
andrazk

Shuffle across all SD card?

Post by andrazk » Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am

In my previous Superb MkII, there was an option to quickly access the repeat/shuffle options via "Extra" onscreen button, which gave the options "Mix folder", "Mix all", "Repeat one", "Repeat folder" and "Repeat all", if I remember correctly.

Kodiaq Bolero infotainment has two icons on screen: "repeat" and "shuffle".
Repeat cycles through "repeat one", "repeat" and "off", but shuffle toggles between on and off.

Now, I really like the option to shuffle across ALL media on SD card. Which I can achieve with:
- press "Selection"
- go to the base folder of the SD card
- scroll to the top
- press "shuffle" icon

This works fine, but a lot of steps are needed.
My music is organised in artist/album/songs folder tree, which means that each time I switch shuffle off, I must repeat the 4 steps previously described to get it back shuffling across all media. If I just click the "shuffle" icon, it will only shuffle the music within the current album folder!

Is there a way to make this easier? I really miss the "Mix all" option!
Scrolling to the top folder and top of the list is really annoying and takes too much time also safety wise.
Kodiaq Style 2.0 TDI 150 DSG, 2wd, 7 seats

Zach

Re: Shuffle across all SD card?

Post by Zach » Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 am

andrazk wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am
In my previous Superb MkII, there was an option to quickly access the repeat/shuffle options via "Extra" onscreen button, which gave the options "Mix folder", "Mix all", "Repeat one", "Repeat folder" and "Repeat all", if I remember correctly.

Repeat cycles through "repeat one", "repeat" and "off", but shuffle toggles between on and off.

Now, I really like the option to shuffle across ALL media on SD card. Which I can achieve with:
- press "Selection"
- scroll to the top
- press "shuffle" icon

My music is organised in artist/album/songs folder tree, which means that each time I switch shuffle off, I must repeat the 4 steps previously described to get it back shuffling across all media. If I just click the "shuffle" icon, it will only shuffle the music within the current album folder!

Scrolling to the top folder and top of the list is really annoying and takes too much time also safety wise.
If you go to Media and press the settings icon, there should be a checkbox that says "Mix/repeat including subfolders" - is this what you're referring to?
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

andrazk

Post by andrazk » Mon May 21, 2018 11:15 am

Zach wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 am
andrazk wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am

- press "Selection"
- scroll to the top
- press "shuffle" icon

If you go to Media and press the settings icon, there should be a checkbox that says "Mix/repeat including subfolders" - is this what you're referring to?
I believe that works on all subfolders from the current "position" (folder), not generally for media "root folder".
Imagine the structure:

--/ (SD card root folder)
..I
..+ Lenny Kravitz
..............+ ...
..+ Linkin Park
..............+ Meteora. (album)
..............I + ... songs...
..............+ Reanimation
..............I + ... songs...
..............+--- song 1.mp3
..............+--- song 2.mp3
..............+--- song 3.mp3

If I'm listening to "Song 2", it will shuffle through ALL Linkin Park songs and albums, but will never reach Lenny Kravitz, because it is not in a subfolder under "Linkin Park".
If I were in "Reanimation" album, only that album will be shuffled.

Zach

Post by Zach » Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am

Works with my root folder. I'm on the 9.2" Columbus system
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

andrazk

Post by andrazk » Mon May 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Zach wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am
Works with my root folder. I'm on the 9.2" Columbus system
Sure it does, it works on root folder for me too. But once playing any other album, if I switch shuffle off, I must take the long way to get back to "shuffle all".

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”